Update - 7 August 2019
18 Hillbrow Road, Bromley - 3 March 2019
The planning application, ref. No. DC/19/111003, for the construction of a first floor extension and the conversion of the existing 3-bedroom bungalow at 18 Hillbrow Road, Bromley BR1 4JL, to provide 2 × 3-bedroom self-contained units, together with alterations to the front forecourt, and the provision of cycle and refuse storage, has been granted. The delegated report and decision notice are available.
Nine neighbouring properties and local ward councillors were consulted. Two responses were received, raising the following planning related comments:
- Proposed additional residential unit and increased vehicular traffic will cause further deterioration of the unadopted road and increase traffic nuisance;
- Proposed additional storey will overlook neighbouring garden and reduce privacy.
The Council’s Highways Officer was also consulted on the proposal, and made the following comments:
- Based on car ownership data, this proposal would only generate one additional vehicle on street. The Council do not have any parking surveys here to suggest there is parking stress at this location and in any event, the applicants could potentially add another off-street parking space.
- Cycle parking should be covered, secure and fully enclosed.
- The location of the refuse bins should be revised so that they are within 10 m from the public highway.
In view of these considerations, the application was recommended for approval, and subsequently permitted.
A planning application, ref. No. DC/19/111003, has been made for the construction of a first floor extension and the conversion of the existing 3-bedroom bungalow at 18 Hillbrow Road, Bromley BR1 4JL, to provide 2 × 3-bedroom self-contained units, together with alterations to the front forecourt, and the provision of cycle and refuse storage.
The following are available:
- Application form
- Design and access statement
- Existing elevation
- Block plan
- Proposed elevation
- Existing floor plans
- Proposed first floor plans
- Site location plans
- Proposed ground floor plan
The applicant's design and access statement says:
It is proposed to construct an additional storey to the property resulting in the formation of two self contained flats in the property. The existing property, whilst pleasant, is of little streetscene merit as it has no presence in the streetscene due to its low rise nature and screening by vegetation. It is not a listed building nor is the site in a conservation area. There is an eclectic mix of building types, scales and forms along Hillbrow Road. The proposed development would nonetheless retain the character of the existing property (i.e. ground floor front elevation would remain largely the same) and the additional storey would retain the style and detailing of the original property. The overall building (ground & first floor) would have a gross internal floor area of approx. 258 m².