RVPS is pleased to host the following information provided by Bromley & Greenwich Age UK.
Bromley & Greenwich Age UK provides a range of high quality, professional services that respect older people’s dignity, improve the quality of life and support older people to remain independent. Age UK Bromley & Greenwich’s services include:
- Care & Support – providing guidance and support in identifying needs and solutions to help older people live the life they want.
- Community Volunteers Time Bank – connecting people and communities.
- Clip It Toe Nail Cutting – keeping older people mobile and active.
- Computer classes - Discover a whole new world! Courses to cater for all abilities (including Beginners)!
- Day Care – giving older people access to a physical and mental activities together with a freshly cooked lunch and refreshments
- Dementia Care Services including a Specialist Dementia Care Centre, Dementia Cafe and a Dementia Choir
- Healthy lifestyles - Gentle chair-based exercise classes and 12-week Fit for Life courses.
- Hospital Aftercare - helping people regain their independence and confidence following discharge from hospital.
- Information and Advice - on a range of issues including housing and benefits.
- Men in Sheds – bringing older men together in a Shed environment to socialise and take part in woodworking activities that benefit the local community
- Shopping Service – carrying out weekly shops for older people who are unable to shop for themselves
- Support Planning and Brokerage – helping older people to identify their needs and enabling them to be met.
For more information about Age UK Bromley & Greenwich telephone: 020 8315 1850 or visit them at Community House, South Street, Bromley BR1 1RH or online at www.ageukbromleyandgreenwich.org.uk